Love’s Links – Episode 16 – Jane Friedman, Writer’s Digest and Tinychat.com
Janet Fouts looks at tinychat – a light little app that needs no client download. It has a screen sharing feature, can use web cam for a video conference and it even does chat:-)
Publishing books that no-one else sells, leverages enthusiastic communities. F&W has many different interest areas, writers are just one of them.
A key to their success is the contests and other ways they build a writer’s community and help facilitate things that meet writers needs.
80% of Americans have a “book inside them”.
Janet asked about real writers who blog. Margaret Atwood has a blog….
Amazon, Google and Apple – – these are the three forces in the future of publishing.
Jane on “writing on line” – you have to be much “punchier” writing on line. You need visual breaks. Much more sound byte driven.
She suggests copyblogger.com and problogger.com as great places to go to find out more about how to do this.
If you missed it, it will be available on the show site in a few minutes – http://www.BlogTalkRadio.com/GameChanging or go to iTunes and search for GameChanging. And if you go to iTunes — leave a comment or a review — puhleeeeze?
Love to hear your comments on the show or on any of the links we post.
From Janet, Allan and me — see you next week, every Monday night at 8 pm ET/5 pm Pacific on Game Changing.
No comments yet.
- Love’s Links – Episode 37 – Social CRM
- Podposter – Way cool!
- Love’s Links – Episode 30 – Jim Hirshfield and Tynt
- Love’s Links – Episode 28 John O’Brien and Twapper Keeper
- Love’s Links Late – Episode 26 Mark Stanley, Pulitzer Center
- Episode 24 – Chistian Malipeli, Podfeed.net and thefrequency.tv
- Love’s Links – Episode 22 with Susan Tenby, Tech Soup & Non-Profits In Second Life
- Love’s Links – Episode 20 featuring Dave Howlett – Real Human Being!
- Love’s Links – Episode 19
- Love’s Links – Episode 18
- Love’s Links – Episode 17 Chuck Hester and “the Buzz”
- Love’s Links – Episode 16 – Jane Friedman, Writer’s Digest and Tinychat.com