Love’s Links – Episode 22 with Susan Tenby, Tech Soup & Non-Profits In Second Life
Janet’s pick for this week was stik The site titles itself as “Never Buy from a Stranger Again” I put two profiles in and I’ll let you know if I get any results. Great discussion on privacy issues and how pushy to be in social media.
Our guest on the program was Susan Tenby from Tech Soup. Her mission is to help non-profits “get” technology. Not for profits – if you aren’t checking out this site, you should be.
We spent a great deal of the program talking about non-profits in Second Life. The site NPSL: Nonprofits in Second Life is a wealth of information on this topic. Susan’s twitter id is @suzboop and her Second Life avatar name is Glitteractica Cookie – a creative and humorous monicker that got her featured on the Tonight Show. (Hey, John – my Twitter account is the therealjimlove — doesn’t that rate a small giggle? Of course it doesn’t match Allan’s avatar name – Naimya Price — groan!)
There were a lot of links mentioned. I’ll pick through my notes today, but if anyone out there wants to leave a comment with some of the links, that would be marvelous!
No comments yet.
Leave a Reply
- Love’s Links – Episode 37 – Social CRM
- Podposter – Way cool!
- Love’s Links – Episode 30 – Jim Hirshfield and Tynt
- Love’s Links – Episode 28 John O’Brien and Twapper Keeper
- Love’s Links Late – Episode 26 Mark Stanley, Pulitzer Center
- Episode 24 – Chistian Malipeli, Podfeed.net and thefrequency.tv
- Love’s Links – Episode 22 with Susan Tenby, Tech Soup & Non-Profits In Second Life
- Love’s Links – Episode 20 featuring Dave Howlett – Real Human Being!
- Love’s Links – Episode 19
- Love’s Links – Episode 18
- Love’s Links – Episode 17 Chuck Hester and “the Buzz”
- Love’s Links – Episode 16 – Jane Friedman, Writer’s Digest and Tinychat.com